Personnel and development publications
20% discount for students
Case Studies Extra
Learning and development
Corporate and HR strategy
All customer services
Orders and returns
Rights and permissions
Security and privacy
A - Z
You are here:
Corporate and HR strategy
Building High Performance in Organisations
Click for larger picture
Rita McGee, Carole Pemberton
This title will be delivered within 3 and 5 days
Online resources available for this product
Support material is available to customers who have purchased CIPD Toolkits.
In a difficult economic climate, with organisations being forced to make reductions in their workforce, the necessity for even more effective performance management is crucial. In order to gain competitive advantage organisations know they need to build a high performance mindset and manage performance problems successfully. However it can often be a struggle to navigate through all the information out there to reach the right solutions.
This toolkit provides practical tools, templates and processes which can be used immediately to help create high performance and prevent performance problems arising.
INTRODUCTION TO BUILDING HIGH PERFORMANCE
SECTION ONE: THE ORGANISATION AND HIGH PERFORMANCE
- Shaping the future - building high performance
- How are we doing currently? Measuring your organisation's performance
- Communicating the vision
- What culture do we want?
- Do we need to change the organisation's structure?
- Do we need to change the organisation's PM processes?
- Drivers and benefits of high performance
- How do we get people to perform?
- Is objective setting the best method for enhancing organisational performance?
- Be bold with competences
- Identifying business issues and performance outcome measures
SECTION TWO: THE TEAM AND HIGH PERFORMANCE
- Getting a team away day right
- Solutions focussed teams
- Team resilience questionnaire
- Engagement, team happiness and performance
- Belbin team roles
- Applying team roles to maximise performance
SECTION THREE: THE LEADER AND HIGH PERFORMANCE
- Benchmarking - `How do I stack up against others?'
- What is the leader required to do?
- How good am I at managing performance?
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities
- Am I communicating in the right way?
- Different methods
- Situational performance management
- Handling line managers objections
- Risk and relationship
- Clarifying expectations - Setting goals, aims, objectives, standards and targets
- Preparing for an informal meeting to discuss performance
- Giving motivational feedback
- Tackling defensive behaviour
SECTION FOUR: ENGAGING THE HIGH PERFORMER
- Structuring a solution focussed conversation
- Questions for building performance
- Meeting the demands of coaching
- Accessing resilience resources
- Individual resilience questionnaire
- Diagnosing burnout
- The individual, happiness and performance
SECTION FIVE: PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS
- Key terms - Standards a leader must adopt when dealing with performance
- Recognising problems
- Living the values
Building High Performance in Organisations sample content
Rita McGee works as a consultant, trainer, facilitator and executive coach and specialises in the strategic development and implementation of human resource practice. She designs and delivers an array of training programmes aimed at building organisational, team and individual capability.
Carole Pemberton has worked with a wide range of individuals and organisations as a career and performance coach through her industry-recognised programmes. She runs her own coaching consultancy and has written for academic and professional publications as well as a regular column in The Guardian.
Copyright CIPD Enterprises Limited 2013
151 The Broadway, London SW19 1JQ, UK
CIPD Enterprises Limited (company no. 2921009) is wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Terms & conditions
Link to us