DescriptionThis textbook has been written for the new CIPD postgraduate module Resourcing and Talent Management. It is also ideal for students studying People Resourcing modules on non-CIPD programmes.
- Through practical guidance and theoretical underpinning, Resourcing and Talent Management provides a comprehensive overview of fundamental management issues.
- Written by Stephen Taylor, one of the CIPD's Chief Examiners and the author of the new Resourcing and Talent Management module
New to this edition:
- Focuses exclusively on the relationships between organisations and their labour markets
- Three new chapters on fairness and diversity, employer branding and succession planning/talent management
- Separate chapters on measuring and analysing employee turnover and improving employee retention
- Separate chapters on retirements and managing redundancy
- PowerPoint slides
- Comprehensive lecturer's guide (including sample assessments and lecture handouts)
- Feedback on the case studies in the book
- One additional case study per chapter
- Web links for each chapter
- Annual update on developments in resourcing and talent management
ContentsChapter 1: Introducing Resourcing and Talent Management
Chapter 2: Employment Markets and Regulation
Chapter 3: Flexibility
Chapter 4: Fairness and Diversity
Chapter 5: Human Resource Planning
Chapter 6: Job Analysis and Job Design
Chapter 7: Recruitment Advertising
Chapter 8: Alternative Recruitment Methods
Chapter 9: Employer Branding
Chapter 10: Selection: The Classic Trio
Chapter 11: Advanced Methods of Employee Selection
Chapter 12: The New Employee
Chapter 13: Succession Planning
Chapter 14: Measuring and Analysing Employee Turnover
Chapter 15: Improving Employee Retention
Chapter 16: Retirement
Chapter 17: Dismissals
Chapter 18: Redundancy
Chapter 19: Resourcing Strategy
Chapter 20: The Future of Work
Stephen Taylor is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Exeter. He is also a Chief Examiner for the CIPD.
Reviews"Another excellent and engaging text by Stephen Taylor. This is a book that the reader will want to pick up."
Philip Wilding, Senior Lecturer, Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University
"It may be rash to claim that there is nothing more you'll ever need to know about resourcing and talent management once you've read this book, but nonetheless it is a claim I come close to making. Stephen takes complicated themes and breaks them down into meaningful messages - no wonder students like him so much. Everything he writes is said with the long-term health of the business in mind. This is what matters - for students, for employees, and clearly for organisations themselves. And ultimately, this is why Stephen's book matters."
Ted Johns, CIPD Chief Examiner, People Resourcing