DescriptionThis textbook completely maps to the CIPD module, Reward Management, and is also ideal for students on reward modules of wider HR or Business degree programmes.
- Comprehensive coverage of Reward
- Balances between in-depth analysis with practical activities
- Contains a range of interactive learning features
New to this edition:
- Completely revised to map to CIPD module
- International case studies and examples
- Links to practical tools via end-of-chapter weblinks
- Powerpoint slides
- Lecturer guides
Contents1. Introducing the Reward Management System
2. Conceptual and Theoretical Frameworks
3. The Legal, Employment Relations and Market Context
4. Base Pay Structures and Relationships
5. Pay Setting, Composition and Progression
6. Variable Pay Schemes
9. Non-Financial Reward
10. Rewarding Directors and Executives
11. International Reward Management
12. Reward Management within HRM
AuthorsStephen J Perkins
Stephen J. Perkins is Professor of Strategy and HRM in the Business School, University of Bedfordshire and Honorary Visiting Professor, Cass Business School, City University.Geoff White
Geoff White is Professor of Human Resource Management at the University of Greenwich Business School.
Reviews"This book uses up-to-date references, academic writing and case studies to provide a thoroughly modern view of reward management; a text that fully reflects the CIPD professional standards."
- Vicky Wright, Immediate Past President, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
"I really enjoyed reading this book. It is comprehensive and takes an academic approach linked to practical material which will be of help to students and tutors. A text such as this is long overdue."
- Barbara Maiden, Senior Lecturer in HR, University of Wolverhampton Business School
"Stimulating and thoughtful. The strong employee relations angle provides a deeper conceptual and academic foundation for the overall topic of employee reward in contrast to some of the alternative texts."
- Andrew Leleux, Senior Lecturer, School of Business and Management, Buckinghamshire New University