Professional membership is the benchmark for best practice in HR. Gaining recognition from the world's largest Chartered HR and development body can give you a competitive advantage.
There are three levels of professional membership;
An Associate member (Assoc CIPD)
• Works in a role giving vital support to the key areas of HR (central HR, learning and development or other professional areas of HR). They use their HR skills and knowledge to support HR leaders and managers.
A Chartered Member (Chartered MCIPD)
• Demonstrates the expertise needed to plan and manage generalist or specialist HR operations. Combining their HR professional knowledge, skill and insights with an understanding of an organisation's context and structure, they create and deliver integrated HR services and solutions that help drive their organisation.
A Chartered Fellow (Chartered FCIPD)
• Holds a strategic position and demonstrates the expertise to lead the key areas of HR. Using their professional skills, knowledge and expertise, they determine, develop and implement HR strategies, plans and policies to promote and achieve organisational success.
Upgrading is only available for candidates who already have a CIPD qualification. To check if you are eligible to upgrade please go to; http://www.cipd.co.uk/Membership/upgrade/Membership-upgrading-eligibility.htm
To apply to upgrade you must supply an up to date CV, the completed application form, 2 colleague forms and the relevant payment. For more information and the application forms please go to; http://www.cipd.co.uk/Membership/upgrade/
There may be members and non members who wish to become professional members and are unable to use to the upgrade process mentioned. Experience Assessment enables highly experienced HR professionals – both generalists and specialists – who do not have the required CIPD qualifications to achieve professional CIPD membership as Chartered Fellow, Chartered Member or Associate. For more information go to: http://www.cipd.co.uk/experience-assessment
Thinking about upgrading ?
The Central London Branch Membership Advisor can help you prepare your application and offer you guidance on your eligibility to upgrade.
Contact branch Membership Advisor
You may also find it useful to speak to and compare notes with someone who has recently upgraded. This will help you determine the type and level information to include. The Central London Branch host many events and is a good place to begin meeting like-minded professionals.
Go to events page
Whether you want to upgrade from Graduate to Member, or Member to Fellow, we can help. We can also advise Associate members and students on routes to full membership.
See more information on membership routes
Even if you just want to talk about your CPD, make an appointment to come along and see one of our advisors.
CPD is part of the upgrading process. It is a personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date and improving your capabilities. It focuses on what you learn and how you develop throughout your career. You're probably already doing it, but by formally recording your learning you'll show that you're actively committed to the development of your career. Being actively committed to CPD will:
• enhance your CV
• ensure professional recognition
• showcase your achievements
• accelerate your career prospects
• enable you to command better salary and benefits
• ensure greater job satisfaction
To find out more about CPD go to the CPD area of the main site.
Go to CPD section of the main website