We aim to support, inform and inspire everyone who has an interest in people management in the Thames Valley area.
What can we offer?
- An integrated programme of events throughout the year designed to meet the needs of our members, from students to senior practitioners, and support continuing professional development
- Membership upgrading advice and guidance
- Specialist events and conferences focusing on specific groups of members and/or key HR and Development topics
- A quarterly e-newsletter (usually in April, July, September and January) with news about events in the Thames Valley, information about the CIPD and articles on current HR thinking both locally and nationally
- A Thames Valley CIPD "LinkedIn" Group to share ideas, practice and experiences
- Two Special Interest Groups (SIG): Our Independent Consultants' SIG which focuses on the needs of the increasing number of our members who are self employed or running small businesses as independent consultants and trainers. Our Coaching and Mentoring SIG looks at this area in more detail, and provides members with an opportunity to share good practice and experiences.
Members and their guests are welcome to attend any of our events runs by our four local geographical groups and SIGs:
Reading & Newbury
Independent's Special Interest Group
Please use the "Book event" link on the event details page to register your interest in attending.
If you would like more details of our activities, please see our annual reports:
AGM 2011/12 Report
AGM 2010/11 Report
AGM 2009/10 Report