Location – Wimbledon, South West London
Type – 12 month contract
Hours – 35 hours per week
Salary – up to £40,000
We are looking for an experienced and articulate Communications Manager to join the CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development. As Communications Manager, you’ll be responsible for implementing a segmented engagement and communications plan which support the CIPD’s purpose and strategic roadmap. This will include developing a variety of engaging communications across all online and offline channels.
The CIPD is the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to generate brand advocacy both internally and externally on a project that will be critical in shaping the future of the CIPD. You will be able to engage confidently, diplomatically and with intellectual rigour in complex and sometimes contentious debates and discussions about aspects of the future of the HR profession and the world of work. Therefore experience of HR and workplace issues is hugely beneficial.
- delivering external communications and engagement plans for Profession for the Future (PFF) strategy www.cipd.co.uk/pff, ensuring the scope of the programme is understood across all target audiences
- working closely with the Head of Marketing and other members of the Strategy team on key message definition and delivery, and then setting a planned programme of activities to regularly engage external audiences
- taking content and research findings and communicating them in an engaging and relevant way to our members, HR community and wider stakeholders. Briefing designers on all marketing communications outputs needed to promote our story
- daily monitoring of online platforms for relevant conversations around key topic areas, tracking online influencers and identifying the platforms and conversations we should be monitoring to stay abreast of the latest debates
- consulting with a wide variety of internal stakeholders to plan and deliver integrated campaigns which reinforce our positioning in the market place
- maintaining budget spreadsheets to track expenditure and providing regular reporting on the effectiveness of the communications plan
- knowledge of HR and L&D content and workplace issues
- experience of delivering creative approaches to delivering communications that encourage engagement and participation; proven writing skills in online and office channels (events, websites, social media and communities platforms, email and direct marketing)
- understand of social media and online monitoring tools, for example Google Analytics
- advanced PowerPoint (or equivalent) skills
- experience of briefing designers and video production agencies
- a confident and sensitive communicator with the ability to foster strong relationships with diverse audiences and make expertly judged decisions on behalf of the business
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click Apply.
CIPD valuing everyone as an individual
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.