Location – Wimbledon, South West London
Type – Permanent
Hours – 35 hours per week
Salary – £26,000 - £29,000
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Conference Producer to join our Conferences and Events team on a permanent basis. You will play a key role in designing and developing CIPD’s events to ensure they remain leading edge and meet the changing needs of our growing customer base. The successful candidate will research, design and develop a portfolio of CIPD conference programmes in order to enhance the CIPD’s reputation as a leading forum for HR and Learning & Development issues. The role will focus on activity for London as well as regional CIPD conferences such as our esteemed annual conference in Manchester.
• Carry out high quality primary research with HR experts and professionals to develop conference content and research topics for future events
• Identify key topics, leading organisations and potential speakers
• Source, test, book and brief high calibre speakers
• Work closely with the Events Delivery Team throughout the event cycle to ensure logistic requirements
• Work closely with sales and marketing team to ensure production schedules are met
• Develop informal networks with practitioners to gain ideas about future development areas for conferences
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
• 12 months of conference producing experience
• Producing and delivering commercial HR or business focused conferences
• Delivering high quality networking events
• Carrying out in-depth telephone and desk research
• Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer care abilities
• The ability to prioritise and work under pressure and independently to tight deadlines
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click Apply.
CIPD valuing everyone as an individual
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.