Insights, Strategy and Solutions
Review this Core area in conjunction with relevant technical professional areas.
The successful HR professional develops actionable insights and solutions, prioritised and tailored around a deep understanding of business, contextual and organisational understanding.
Great HR professionals work from a deep business, contextual and organisational understanding to develop actionable insight, and prioritise HR strategies that make the most difference at any given time. You develop insight-led solutions, prioritised and tailored around a good business, contextual and organisation understanding – identifying opportunities and risks and acting on them.
- The vision and strategy of your organisation
- Products/services and customer profiles
- Financial and non-financial performance information
- Your sector and related regulations/legislation
- Political, economic, social, technological and environmental issues.
- Structure, processes, governance
- Culture, values, behaviours
- Key relationships, stakeholders, how decisions get made
This understanding – and the resulting insights – allow us to create prioritised and situational HR strategies that make the most difference and build a compelling case for change.
Includes these topics:
-Develop insights and spot opportunities
-Turn insight into strategy and solutions
-Deliver and embed solutions
Insights, Strategy and Solutions professional area download (PDF 1.87 MB)
More about the Core of the Profession map
Full CIPD Profession Map download
my CPD Map - online professional self-assessment tool for CIPD members
Profession Map overview