How CPD benefits you
The benefits of CPD aren’t just felt when you’re going for promotion or upgrading to Chartered membership. Many employers now value ‘learning agility’ as a core competency.
- Build confidence and credibility, you can see your progression by tracking your learning.
- Earn more by showcasing your achievements. A handy tool for appraisals.
- Achieve your career goals by focussing on your training and development.
- Cope positively with change by constantly updating your skill set.
- Be more productive and efficient by reflecting on your learning and highlighting gaps in your knowledge and experience.
How CPD benefits your organisation
As organisations shift the responsibility for personal development back to the individual, the ability and insight to manage your own professional growth is seen as a key strength.
- Helps maximise staff potential by linking learning to actions and theory to practice.
- Helps HR professionals to set SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound) objectives, for training activity to be more closely linked to business needs.
- Promotes staff development. This leads to better staff morale and a motivated workforce helps give a positive image/brand to organisations.
- Adds-value, by reflecting it will help staff to consciously apply learning to their role and the organisation’s development.
- Linking to appraisals. This is a good tool to help employees focus their achievements throughout the year.