Wednesday 13 January 2016
Chair’s Opening Remarks
An introduction from the conference chair
- how employee engagement activity feeds into and improves the employee experience
- aligning engagement with other employee development initiatives.
Embedding Engagement into your People Strategy
- upskilling line managers to apply engagement strategies organically
- creating a culture of high engagement – not just creating initiatives
- showcasing the positive impact of recognition schemes on your workforce.
Coffee and networking
Collating Different Metrics to Increase Insights into Employee Engagement (Panel)
Chaired by Jonny Gifford, Research Adviser, CIPD
- using alternative forms of insight to gain a better understanding of engagement
- assessing the impact of engagement strategies on the workforce and the business
- identifying trends within engagement to influence business decisions.
Understanding and Responding to Disengagement
- investigating what causes disengagement in employees and how to address it
- quick wins to increase engagement within the organisation to then build up a long-term strategy
- identifying the warning signs of disengagement in order to avoid them.
Ideas Exchange (interactive discussion)
- brainstorm and debate solutions to your engagement challenges
- compare and contrast your own engagement journey with your peers’ experiences.
- linking wellbeing to your engagement strategy to create a more productive workforce
- managing the risk of burnouts and minimising the impact on the organisation.
Coffee and networking
Responding to the Changing Needs of your Workforce
- fostering engagement across an increasingly diverse workforce
- sustaining organisational culture during periods of transition
- maintaining engagement as employee expectations change
- building resilience within employees and teams to adapt and thrive during change.
- tools to connect staff in different offices to promote a network of communication
- ensuring the organisation’s culture, values and purpose are understood throughout a dispersed workforce
- engaging staff successfully within an increasing culture of remote and flexible working.
Chair's Closing Remarks