Tuesday 23 February 2016
Registration and Networking Breakfast
Chair's Opening Remarks
Building a Strong Employer Brand and Value Proposition to Be More Competitive
A powerful employer brand will increase attraction and secure continuous talent pipelines. But how do we build it from scratch to secure talent ahead of competition? Hear from a very fast-growing organisation in the online app industry on how they:
- built a powerful employer brand and expanded the organisation in a short time
- promoted and differentiated themselves to stand out as an employer of choice
- embedded values and messaging in their processes to increase their value proposition.
- designed and executed online competitions and graduate attraction programmes
- used gamification, social media and digital presence to maximise their reach
- developed an end-to-end digital and social strategy to attract the best talent.
Networking coffee break
Finding the Right Talent Internationally by Leveraging Brand and Technology
- reach, attract and select talent from all over the world by using technology effectively
- maximise and leverage their brand to attract people for niche and highly-skilled roles
- created a holistic strategy to support hiring managers and enhance candidate experience
Some organisations prefer building in-house capabilities, some prefer outsourcing to external recruitment partners, others use blended models. How do you determine what’s best for your organisation? In this panel debate, we will focus on:
- the pros and cons of developing in-house teams versus outsourcing recruitment
- using blended approaches to build internal skills while working externally to increase reach
- looking at our market and business requirements to determine the best approach.
To select people that will succeed in our roles, we need to identify the strengths for success and assess them in our candidates – this will ensure a better quality of hire and lower attrition rates. Hear from a large UK pub chain on how they:
- identified a set of strengths needed to be successful across their teams and businesses
- developed context-based tests to assess strengths before the interview stage
- hire for strengths rather than experience through strengths-based interview techniques.
Selecting the best is about competences, skills, cultural fit and ability to succeed in a particular role. But how can we assess all of these elements at the interview stage? Learn from well-respected organisation in the banking industry on how they:
- created an immersive experience to assess candidates for senior roles ‘on the job’
- tested and successfully assessed competencies, creativity, influencing skills and cultural fit
- are adapting immersive assessment strategies to apply them to entry-level roles.
Networking coffee break
Reducing Turnover through Better Recruitment, Engagement and Talent Management
Retaining employees can be very difficult in our competitive job market. How can we optimise recruitment, talent management and engagement to retain our people? Hear from a high-paced organisation that decreased turnover by 17% in only six months on how they:
- increased retention by optimising recruitment to ‘get it right the first time’
- drive engagement through better people management and communicating organisational culture
- create new talent pipelines to support ambiguous growth plans.
Insights into Candidate Behaviour and Data Approaches to Measure Recruitment Effectiveness
Combining an understanding of candidate decision-making with hiring data and analytics is a powerful way to optimise your hiring strategies. Hear from an organisation that collects and analyses candidate data to optimise the performance of their recruitment advertising. Find out how:
- candidate behaviour has recently shifted and what they look for when applying for jobs
- the psychology behind the candidate’s decision-making process
- recruiters are using data-driven approaches to identify their target talent pools.
Chair's Closing Remarks
Closing remarks by Conference Chair, Claire McCartney, Research Advisor, Resourcing and Talent, CIPD.
Networking Drinks Reception - Sponsored by Indeed