CIPD Level 7 Advanced qualifications are the most widely recognised professional qualifications in the field of HR and L&D. In fact, many job adverts state it's essential to have a CIPD qualification. Being CIPD qualified opens up many opportunities for you and gives you the professional recognition you deserve.
Studying for a CIPD Level 7 Advanced qualification will increase your understanding of organisations and the external context within which HR and L&D operates. Plus, you'll learn how to develop and implement creative and strategic solutions that drive organisational performance. As well as gaining a depth of general HR and L&D knowledge, you'll have the opportunity to specialise in your chosen areas of expertise.
CIPD Level 7 Advanced programmes through CIPD Flexible Learning+
The structure of the CIPD Level 7 Advanced programmes through CIPD Flexible Learning+, including when you do the face to face workshops and how you'll be assessed, is determined by the CIPD qualification providers we work with. For more information, please call us on +44 (0)20 8612 6203 or request a brochure.
This page gives you an overview of CIPD Advanced Level 7 qualification options through CIPD Flexible Learning+. Once you've decided that the advanced postgraduate level is right for you, you need to decide what qualification you're looking to achieve.
HR or L&D?
There are two different pathways you can follow when studying for a CIPD Level 7 Advanced qualification:
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Development (Learning and Development pathway)
Alternatively, you can mix and match as you prefer.
Size of qualification
There are two options to choose from with CIPD Flexible Learning+ programmes:
CIPD Level 7 Advanced Certificate
- requires successful completion of any four units
- 60 credits on the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications in England (FHEQ)
- takes approximately one year of study to achieve
- successful completion leads to Associate CIPD Membership.
CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma
- covers a wider breadth of subjects, including the core HR or L&D subjects, plus further additional selected specialisms
- requires successful completion of eight units, including four core units and four optional units
- 120 credits on the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications in England (FHEQ)
- takes approximately two years of study to achieve
- provides you with the knowledge required to work towards Chartered CIPD Membership.
Please note, CIPD Level 7 Advanced qualifications are comparable to the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) level 7 in England, comparable to European Qualifications Framework (EQF) level 7. For Scotland and Ireland, this is level 11 and 9 respectively. They are equivalent to a postgraduate level qualification.
Explore the units that make up the qualifications
Are the programmes open to everyone?
You don't need any academic qualifications to enrol with CIPD Flexible Learning+. We'll give you all the support you need as you progress through your studies, so don't worry if you haven't studied for a while.
You do not need to have completed a level 3 Foundation or level 5 Intermediate CIPD qualification to enrol. If you are responsible for implementing HR/L&D strategy and developing policy or change management, or if you are an HR/L&D professional in a team, or have responsibility for HR/L&D development and are seeking to enhance and develop your career, the level 7 Advanced qualifications will be suitable for you.
If you've already studied for part of the qualification somewhere else, it's easy to switch to our programme to complete your learning.