Slides from a session chaired by Kevin Empey, Director Consulting Services, Towers Watson, at the CIPD Ireland Annual Conference 2014, Our Recovery – Our People. WINNING Through Talent, Innovation and Enterprise, held in Dublin Castle on 9 June 2014.
Kevin was joined by Jody Jordan, Head of Reward and People Operations, Paddy Power, Ciaran McNamara, Compensation and Benefits Manager, Coillte, and David Nugent, Director Performance and Reward, ICON, who discussed their current and emerging reward models. The discussion focused on how their reward models differ from what was in place before and since the crisis and on how such change is being managed. The case studies also reflected very different business conditions and employee relations environments.
The session covered:
- The reward management challenges in the post crisis world and how these differ across the economy
- With reward having been on the 'back burner' in recent years but with pressure now clearly building, what is happening in practice and what are the emerging trends in reward design
- What are the common trends in post crisis reward in Ireland versus what is unique to company and sector circumstances
- Suggestions from actual practice on how to approach analysis of reward requirements and solutions
- Pragmatic case examples on how to approach, construct and communicate reward change
- Insights on how reward can be integrated with other HR processes to maximise impact with limited resources and some tools that can help make this happen.