Head of HR Advisory Services
The Head of HR Advisory Services is a key support function for the Retail Excellence members. The role is considered integral to the overall success of REI as our core strategic objective is to support our members in all aspects of their business with HR being a major factor.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver a comprehensive service to our members to ensure they are adequately informed on all aspects of HR including recruitment contracts, health & safety and employee grievance to name a few. The successful candidate will also be required to develop the role and expand the scope and level of service provided to our members. It is an opportunity for a focused, energetic and driven individual to deliver results across this key area of our service.
In REI we focus on recruiting people with the right attitude as well as the right skills and experience.
As a key member of the REI team, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the HR Advisory Services provided to members
- Promoting the REI brand with employers to develop our profile as the provider of choice for HR services in the retail industry
- Managing key national accounts, ensuring the development of effective relationships so we can develop tailored offers to employers that meet their HR needs
- Providing advice to members collectively and individually on HR issues
- Providing relevant management and compliance information to HR directors to assist with understanding employer needs trends and labour market analysis
- Co-ordinating the activities of the REI HR Network
- Inputting on REI submissions regarding employment related issues affecting the retail industry
- Delivering HR training to members
- Co-ordinating the delivery of an accredited learning course in conjunction with an external third level education provider
Skills and Experience Required
The right candidate should have:
- Third level legal or HR qualification essential.
- CIPD qualification desirable.
- Minimum 4 years’ career experience.
- Strong management skills, training management and organisational skills.
- Able and comfortable presenting information in a clear and concise manner to entrepreneurs and organisational leaders.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with the ability to be flexible in a changing environment.
- Good team player but also demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Polite and professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office.
The right person should be able to demonstrate their ability and commitment to a member led organisation as REI is. They should be energetic with an ambition to succeed in the role and beyond.
Location: 32 Upper Baggot Street, Dublin 2
Proposed Start Date: January 2016
Annual Leave: 25 days per annum
Terms: Full-time & Permanent (subject to an initial probation period of 6 months)
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Lynn Drumgoole, Head of Commercial & Communications, Retail Excellence Ireland by email: email@example.com or by post: Retail Excellence Ireland, 32 Upper Baggot Street, Dublin 2.
Retail Excellence Ireland is the representative body for the retail industry in Ireland. We are proud to have 1,300 members operating over 13,000 stores in Ireland. We represent retailers of all sizes operating in all sectors of the retail industry including: book shops, café/food to go, department stores, DIY and hardware, electrical, fashion and footwear, forecourt, furniture and flooring, garden centres, grocery, health and beauty, homeware and giftware, jewellers, opticians, pet stores, pharmacies, telecommunications etc. We provide a range of advice and support services, including HR services to these members. We represent the retail industry at Government level. We also organise and host a number of learning and other events during the year including our main flagship events which large numbers attend. We have two offices, in Ennis and Dublin. This position will be based in our office in Dublin office.