This research, produced in partnership with Tomorrow's Company, CIMA, KPMG and Linklaters, explores the importance of relationships in business and how they help organisations create value, sustainability and good governance. The report makes the point that it's important to understand the business value that our relationships create, and the need to ensure that those relationships are aligned to this value creation and characterised by mutual support
To analyse business relationships systematically four stages are set out – identify, tune in, measure and report on relationships. The report also includes contributions from outstanding thinkers and practice leaders.
"Good reporting provides the information required to win support and build the
confidence and trust required to underpin key relationships and attract new ones
... Reporting is not an annual event – like the world, it is always 'on'."
Content of the report
- At a glance
- Why focus on relationships
- What do we mean by effective relationships?
- Building effective relationships
– The role of the board and senior management – embedding a relational approach
– Identifying key relationships
– Tuning in to relationships
– Measuring the effectiveness of relationships
– Reporting on the effectiveness of relationships
- Building effective relationships in practice
Two additional downloads are available below for building effective relationships:
An agenda for boards and senior management and A road map for boards and senior management
See Valuing your Talent
- a research and engagement programme in collaboration with the UKCES, Investors in People, CMI, CIMA and the RSA to help employers understand how to measure the impact their people have on the performance of their organisation.