Provides invaluable information on UK employers’ policies, views and experiences in connection with employing ex-offenders. Comments made by CIPD members who took part in focus groups are included, together with example case studies. Issues covered include:
- recruitment of ex-offenders
- criminal offences
- organisational policies
- employers’ experiences with ex-offenders
- factors considered when recruiting ex-offenders
- media benefits
- corporate social responsibility activities
- support available for employers.
The report concludes by drawing out the challenges and implications for managers.