Social technology, social business?
This report gives a snapshot of how much social media and mobile technology have had an impact on the way we work. It attempts to gauge the extent to which social technology is benefiting organisations and working lives, and understand how common the phenomena are that underpin the notion of social business.
It presents findings from two surveys on social media and mobile technology. The first, conducted in partnership with YouGov, is a survey of UK employees with a boosted sample of 18–24-year-olds to allow reliable age comparisons. The second survey focuses specifically on organisational policies and HR practices relating to social media and mobile devices.*
"... social technology comprises a broad and flexible suite of tools and, with
younger employees already using it for work extensively, it seems
inevitable that it will become a greater part of how we work in the future."
Contents of the report
- To what extent has the world of work embraced social and digital technology?
- How do we use social technology for work?
- Who’s using social and digital technology?
- How do employers manage social and digital technology?
- What difference does social technology make?
View more information about Social media in HR