Welcome to the Gibraltar Group
Our aim is to raise the profile of HR in Gibraltar.
Our Group provides both direct and indirect benefits to its members through various means, including opportunities to network, collaborate, and share ideas with other HR professionals via regular meetings and our LinkedIn page.
We are a group of professionals who are passionate about HR. We have a committee that is voted for by our members and all committee members are volunteers. Between us we have considerable HR experience across a diverse group of sectors.
We have divided the committee into focus groups with the headings Communications, Membership and Training.
In this area you will find information about our future events, local and international related articles and updates on what the group is up to.
The Gibraltar HR Forum was founded in 2000 to provide an open forum for HR practitioners and the original intention was to enable opportunities for an exchange of information, support new comers, promote goods and services that would be of use to HR functions and form a professional body that would represent HR interests and best practice. This is still true today and our aim is to raise the profile of the Human Resource Profession in Gibraltar and sustain the best human resource management and development practices.
We provide networking of products, services and expertise between members coordinated by The Committee. Members have the opportunity to input ideas and raise issues that need to be addressed in the area of human resource management and development.
An important part of the group’s activities are the seminars and training activities delivered by professional speakers and local HR Practitioners on subjects directly related to promoting best practice in human resource management
We seek to provide both direct and indirect benefits to its members through various means:
- The opportunity to network, share ideas and discuss with other HR professionals.
- Networking of products, services and expertise between members coordinated by The members
- The opportunity to input ideas and raise issues which need to be addressed in the field of human resource management and development at both an organisational and national level.
- Commissioning of research projects on important issues affecting employing organisations. Results are fed back to members.
- Seminars and training activities – from professional speakers on subjects directly related to promoting best practice in human resource management. Reduced rates for members.
- The People Managers' Agenda – or “Challenges”. An opportunity for HR professionals to meet, share experiences and discuss challenging issues in the work environment.
In November 2013 a speaker from the CIPD was invited to Gibraltar and delivered a varied program of workshops over three days, including employment law and HR future trends. The workshops took place at Isolas who very generously offered the use of their premises at no charge. The workshops were a sell out and we hope that events such as these become a regular feature for the HR Forum.
We also provide opportunities to network, share ideas and discuss current issues with other HR professionals. One of the most successful events held in 2013 was about the challenges facing HR professionals and how we could rise and overcome these challenges. This is something we will be repeating in the early part of 2014.
We have recently launched a mentoring scheme whereby HR professionals with considerable experience volunteer to undergo mentoring training in order to mentor those members who may be new to HR or who have not had the breadth of experience they would like. This scheme will run throughout 2014 and has already received positive feedback from those involved.