It's time to raise your professional profile
Gain recognition for how you apply your professional knowledge to your experience in the workplace by upgrading to CIPD professional membership.
About professional membership
Achieving professional membership of the CIPD demonstrates that you meet the rigorous requirements and professional standards for good practice. It showcases your ability to create a real impact in the workplace, and to make a difference to an organisation’s strategy and people. Above all, it emphasises a commitment to your continuing professional development and desire to stay current. There are three levels of CIPD professional membership: Associate member, Chartered Member and Chartered Fellow. For more information, please visit our professional membership pages.
Eligibility to upgrade
- Associate members - Associates who have successfully completed a Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management or Development are eligible to apply for an upgrade to Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow (subject to meeting the membership requirements).
If you're a Chartered Member, you may be eligible to apply for Chartered Fellow (subject to meeting the membership requirements).
Benefits of upgrading to professional membership
- It is a mark of your professionalism and commitment to good practice.
- It inspires confidence in employers, clients and peers.
- It enhances your career prospects and earning potential.
- It allows you to use letters after your name (Assoc CIPD, Chartered MCIPD or Chartered FCIPD).
Cost of upgrading
There's a non-refundable assessment fee associated with upgrading:
Chartered Member (Chartered MCIPD) £60 by application form or £120 telephone assessment/face-to-face assessment
Chartered Fellow (Chartered FCIPD) £95 by application form or £250 telephone assessment/face-to-face assessment
Following successful completion of Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management or Development, Student members who apply to upgrade within a year of successfully completing their qualification are entitled to one free online assessment to Chartered Member. You will need to have consistent and sustainable evidence of working in HR/L&D, so please look at the “Ready for Chartered Member?” questions.
You might be interested in