1. Data Protection and privacy
1.1 "CIPD" shall mean the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and its subsidiaries, including, but not limited to, CIPD Enterprises Limited and any future names by which these entities may be known.
1. information acquired/provided through the CIPD website (including the CIPD Professional Communities) at www.cipd.co.uk
2. information acquired/provided during the course of orders, transactions and bookings;
3. information acquired/provided through enquiries or by the completion of any request and or invitation for information;
4. information acquired/provided through awards and competition entries;
5. information acquired/provided through any other source which we obtain in relation to you.
1.3 CIPD recognises that your privacy is important to you. The information you submit to CIPD will be kept confidential and secure once received. The information will be processed by CIPD or on its behalf under strictly regulated conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. How we use your personal information
2.1. Any personal information provided by you to or obtained from other sources by CIPD will only be used for the following purposes:
1. updating and enhancing customer, contact and membership records and those of other related CIPD activities
2. compiling information relating to your use of CIPD's products and services and defining areas of interest to you
4. handling orders, delivering products and services, processing payments, communicating with you about orders, products and services and generally maintaining your account
5. advising you of other products and services which may be of interest
6. inviting you to participate in research studies and/or market research activities
7. compiling case studies in relation to the purpose for which the information was submitted (eg. awards nominations), or otherwise in an anonymised format unless otherwise expressly notified to you in advance
8. responding to queries from members of the public about your membership status
9. providing you with information about and communications from your local branch network.
10. serving notice in accordance with the requirements of CIPD’s Charter and Bye-laws, where applicable.
3.1 CIPD will only disclose this information in the following circumstances:
1. where your consent has been obtained
2. where there is a legal obligation
3. where there is a public duty or
4. in connection with the assignment or transfer of all or any of its rights and obligations to any of its group companies or to any other third party.
3.2 For operational reasons and/or in order to meet specific requests data may also be:
1. processed on behalf of CIPD by external organisations under strictly regulated conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
4.1 CIPD will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, CIPD does not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by making amendments in the 'My Profile' section of the Website by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us on +44 (0)20 8612 6208. Please note that it will take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect.
4.2 If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from CIPD and its subsidiaries you may notify us by clicking here and completing the notification form. Alternatively you may contact us on +44 (0)20 8612 6208. It may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect. Please note that this will not alter your current email subscription preferences.
4.3 If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998, or have any other related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that proof of your identity, payment and/or other information may be required in order to respond to your request.
5. Cookies and Google Analytics
5.3. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Websites, compiling reports on Website activity for Website operators and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
5.4. By using the Websites, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
6. Policy Modification
By disclosing personal information to CIPD you consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner described in this policy. Please note that your continued use of the Websites and/or products and services constitutes your agreement to any changes to this policy and the CIPD Website Terms and Conditions.