This tool will help you take the second step to conducting a training needs analysis which is to establish what data you have already and what data still needs to be gathered. There are a large number of data collection methods you could use to gather information about training needs. However, this tool describes some of the most commonly used, straightforward methods.
You can follow all of the suggested steps within the subsequent tools in this section or tailor them to suit the needs of your business.
Who is this tool for?
This tool is for new and inexperienced trainers, to help them explore how to conduct a training needs analysis.
This tool will help you to:
- determine what data needs to be gathered
- plan suitable data collection methods
- learn about different methods of data collection
- explore the pros and cons of each
- identify tips and techniques for using each method successfully
- consider which methods might best fit within different situations.