Good afternoon all. As you may be aware, the amount that employers and employees are required to pay into their pension is due to increase on 6th April. The employer has to pay 3% and the employee 5%. There is an option for the employer to increase their contributions to make up the increase, the total has to be 8%. My question is, what are people planning to do about this? Is anyone e.g. planning to increase their employer contribution to 4%, or even to 5% to make up the full increase? In my company we have a large number of weekly-paid workers and I think a jump from 3-5% will be a lot for them. This might have the unintended consequence of forcing them to come out of the pension scheme entirely, therefore also losing their 3% employer contributions.
Any advice gratefully received as ever!