The company I work for are looking to undergo a diversity monitoring exercise for a workforce of around 1000 - 2000 employees.
We'd like some insight into how other companies conduct these types of exercises.
Firstly, we have some questions around anonymity:
- What have you found to be the best level of anonymity when collecting data?
- Do you find anonymity increases participation in the survey?
- Do you attach this data to the employee so that it follows them through their lifecycle with the company?
- Do you use 'Prefer not to say'?
Secondly around methods of data collection:
- How does your company collect this data?
- How often do you update this data?
- What methods do you use to encourage participation?
- Do you use electronic, hard copy or a mixture of the two for questionnaires? Which has a higher response rate?
Finally, general questions:
- Any general tips or hurdles to be noted?
- Any 3rd party companies who you would recommend when conducting this exercise?
- Where have you based your questionnaires wording/content from?
I’d really appreciate any advice and insight that you could give.