I have been working in L&D for a few years now and started my CIPD level 5 in L&D last year to gain a more in depth and strategic knowledge of the subject.
Within the qualification I have come across a number of concepts that appear to be industry standards/current wisdom but I haven't, yet, seen any compelling evidence that they are true. They are often stated as true but not referenced or the references that I can find refer to secondary sources that don't link to original research. Alternatively, I have found original, and preliminary research but none following that.
- 70:20:10 model of learning
- 7%, 38%, 55% model of communication (Albert Mehrabian)
- VAK learning preferences
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
I am trying to be an evidence based practitioner, which I feel means that I should consult primary literature and assess its merits, withholding my judgement until such a time as that bar for evidence has been reached. However, I am finding it hard to find these primary sources to assess the veracity of these claims.
I would really appreciate it if anyone could recommend:
- Some research journals/locations on the internet that are good to get primary literature on topics similar to those above.
- Any research specific to the topics I mentioned above
- Any other advice for locating/assessing evidence within the HR/L&D field.
Thank you all very much for your time, have a great week.