David Hayden a Senior L&D Consultant from CIPD UK led an interesting Leaders in Learning event in Dubai today.
He presented the 6 new learning organisation characteristics and practical insights on how to unlock the potential of L&D from some research with Towards Maturity.
1. Clarity of Purpose: A shared vision and an open dialogue on how people are valued and need to adapt to deliver the organisation’s performance.
2. Holistic People Experience: A trusted brand that keeps to its promises and develops innovative, commercial and continuous learning opportunities.
3. Thriving ecosystem: A people led system that enables its people, teams and the extended enterprise to thrive and learn linked to common goals.
4. Agile, digitally enabled infrastructure: A virtual environment that enables a fluid exchange of knowledge, ideas and the adaptation of competence.
5. Intelligent decision-making: A robust platform using insight and performance analytics to drive organisational performance and customer experience.
6. Continual Engagement: A dynamic community that continually builds on business relationships resulting in energy, resilience and growth.
Let's keep the discussion going, thinking about:
1.What skills does L&D need to support the New Learning organisation?
2.What mindsets need to change?
3.How do we shift L&D skills and mindsets?