We rolled out a completely new authentication service (login) across all CIPD websites (including this Community) on 10th September 2017.
The process should work as follows:
- When you click ‘login’ you are re-directed to the CIPD authentication service where you enter your user name and password.
- After logging in, you are redirected back to the CIPD Community.
- If you ticked the box “Keep me logged in” when logging in, you will remain logged in for 30 days... even if you close the browser or re-start your computer.
- If you didn’t tick the box “Keep me logged in” when logging in, the 'session cookie' will be deleted when you close your browser window.
- You will always be logged out immediately after clicking ‘logout’.
This is what should happen. It shouldn't be like this...
Some people have experienced a few problems 'getting back in'. If this is the case we advise you to...
- Clear the 'cache' and cookies on your web browser. This should delete the remains of the 'old' sign on solution on your computer.
- Try navigating to the CIPD homepage using a different browser (or Chrome in 'Incognito' mode instead of normal Chrome) to test.
Thanks for persevering.
If the website persists in behaving in a different way… please email Web Support at: email@example.com