Explore the CIPD’s point of view on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender reassignment, including actions for Government and recommendations for employers
CIPD employees from a diverse set of backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions have joined the group over the last few years, including allies who are crucial in driving organisational transformation and change. They invest their time and expertise to champion the work of the LGBT+ group and further develop the group's impact.
If you would like to join and support our work around LGBT+ equality and inclusion as well as exploring ways of creating belonging at work, please email the group at email@example.com.
Our purpose and aims
Our purpose is to champion diversity and inclusion of LGBT+ people at work – within our own organisation and amongst the membership of the CIPD.
We're here to:
- meet up regularly to debate and promote good practice around LGBT+ equality and inclusion
- provide a social space for CIPD employees to discuss issues and concerns about being open about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression
- engage with other organisations to learn what good practice looks like and support CIPD members in promoting LGBT+ inclusion in their own workplaces
- identify and communicate best practice around tackling discrimination, bullying and harassment
- raise our voice as a champion for LGBT+ inclusion through presence and representation at internal and external events.
We’re grateful to be enabled and empowered by a full network of people passionate about the topic of LGBT+ equality and inclusion, as well as keen to explore intersectionalities and supporting of the wider I&D agenda.
The network benefits from input from our I&D internal experts and is championed by the senior management team.
Together we’re influencing and driving the LGBT+ equality and inclusion agenda at the CIPD.
We want the CIPD to:
- have a strong and informed voice on LGBT+ workplace issues – where our internal and external engagement positions us as a place to go to for advice around I&D and LGBT+ inclusion
- provide a social network and support for LGBT+ people and allies – including staff, volunteers and members
- ensure CIPD policies, practices and culture are one of the most inclusive towards LGBT+ people – where we can say without a doubt and with practical evidence that we’re one of the most inclusive organisations for LGBT+ people and we’re recognised externally for our good practice.
Join us on our journey to transform the people profession into diversity champions, changing hearts and minds and shifting organisations to create true inclusion and belonging for everyone!