CIPD Learning & Development Show 2017: Building learning into the core of your organisation
The CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development, has unveiled the conference programme for this year’s Learning & Development Show.
The show will take place at London Olympia from 10 - 11 May 2017 and is being held in partnership with The Open University.
One of the leading events for L&D and HR professionals, this year’s show has been designed to help organisations build learning into the core of their workforce, focusing on the elements needed to create a learning-centred culture and learning-driven organisation. The two-day conference includes masterclasses from high-profile thought-leaders, case studies and workshops, as well as new formats such as ‘how to’ sessions, designed to help L&D professionals develop the most up-to-date and effective skills and capabilities, and new ‘interactive’ sessions for collaborative learning.
Each session belongs to one of five streams covering key areas of learning and development for 2017:
- Leadership Development and Coaching – enhancing capability in your leaders and line managers to influence organisational culture and increase performance
- Includes: Moving from appraisals to coaching and continuous feedback with speakers from River Island and General Electric
- Digital and Social Learning - embedding digital learning and technology in your organisation in order to develop a more successful organisational strategy and identifying the key tools to make learning more accessible and engaging
- Includes: Using technology to support collaborative learning with speakers from Intercontinental Hotel Group and LinkedIn
- Science of Learning - using a scientific approach to L&D to improve the effectiveness of your learning solutions, and understanding how people learn to improve business performance
- Includes: How to design brain-friendly learning within your own organisation with a speaker from Head, Heart + Brain
- Learning and Talent Development – building development strategies which add value to your organisation, and design effective learning solutions for your people
- Includes: Developing high-value apprenticeship schemes to build your talent pipeline with speakers from Tesco and Troup Bywaters + Anders
- Organisation Development – advance organisational learning and align your leadership, people and culture through new forms of change
- Includes: Creating agile workforces to thrive in uncertainty with Liz Mellon, author of ‘Inside the Leader’s Mind’ and ‘The Strategy of Execution’
Andy Lancaster, Head of Learning & Development at the CIPD, said: “This year’s L&D Show focuses on learning being at the core of the organisation and adding real value to the business. With the pace at which the world of work is changing, it’s crucial that learning is closely aligned to business needs with pragmatic and agile solutions. The upcoming introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy, one of the most significant shake-ups for the L&D profession in a long time, is just one example where new opportunities for learning innovation exist.
“We’ve designed the show to enable L&D professionals to create and deliver learning that is creative and flexible, while also making sure their own knowledge and skills stay up to date, so they, and the learning they provide and facilitate, remains relevant to the changing contexts that their organisation goes through.”
Ian Howell, Director, The Open University, said: “The Open University is delighted to be partnering with the CIPD at the Learning & Development Show for our third year running. The expansion of apprenticeships, alongside rapidly advancing technology transforming the way we work means keeping in touch with L&D developments is now more important than ever. This year’s programme has been designed to be interactive and inclusive, enabling knowledge sharing and networking between delegates, as well as introducing a number of thought leaders to consider the latest thinking and trends.
“Alongside Peter Cheese, we will be presenting the outcome of new research on how organisations can successfully evolve the way they reskill and upskill workforces by putting learning at the heart of strategic capability, ensuring improved productivity and performance for the future. We also look forward to welcoming visitors to our stand at the exhibition.”
Running alongside the conference, the free L&D Show Exhibition gives conference delegates and visitors the chance to explore and assess a wide variety of learning and development services and resources under one roof. Key suppliers will be covering the whole spectrum of L&D activity including technologies and innovation, talent development and coaching.
As well as on-stand activities, launches and previews, the exhibition features a free programme of learning:
- Topic Taster sessions will give bite-sized updates on current L&D and OD issues from thought leaders including Stephanie Davies, CEO and Founder of Laughology and Shane O’Mara, Professor of Experimental Brain Research at Trinity College Dublin
- Digital Learning sessions will provide practical advice on the latest L&D technologies and innovations
- New to this year is ‘Grill the Guru’, which gives attendees the chance to pose questions to a panel of L&D leaders
- An interactive Learning Arena puts the spotlight on innovative learning techniques. They will also host Speed Networking events, a fast and fun way to meet new contacts
To find out more about the 2017 L&D Show and secure your place, visit www.cipd.co.uk/events/learning-development-show. Early bird ticket discounts are available until 2 March 2017.
To join in discussions before and during the event follow #cipdLDShow on Twitter.
If you wish to reproduce this press release in full on your website, please link back to the original source.