The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development gives notice that it will hold its nineteenth Annual General Meeting at 10.00 on Tuesday 11 December 2018.
It will take place in the Seligman Theatre at the Royal College of Physicians, London NW1 4LE. The purposes of the meeting are:
- to receive the minutes (accessible below) of the eighteenth Annual General Meeting of the CIPD held on 12 December 2017
- to receive the Annual Report and Accounts of the CIPD for the year ended 30 June 2018
- to appoint the auditors and to authorise the Board to determine the auditors’ remuneration*
- to elect Professor Nelarine Cornelius as Vice-President Membership and Professional Development for a three year term
- to re-elect Professor Sir Cary Cooper CBE as President of the CIPD for a three year term.
By order of the Board
Marianne Wyles FCIS
13 November 2018
All members are welcome but only Chartered members, whose subscription has been paid in full, may vote. Please bring your membership card with you to register your attendance and arrive at least 15 minutes before the meeting commences.
Refreshments will be available from 9:15.
* We tendered the provision of our external audit service in September. Following consideration of detailed Request for Proposal submissions, and presentations to a panel of staff and Audit Committee members, our Board recommend the appointment of haysmacintyre to audit the CIPD. Crowe UK LLP will therefore be retiring from office.
The following resolution will be put to the meeting:
That haysmacintyre be appointed as auditor of the CIPD in place of the retiring auditor Crowe UK LLP and that the Board be authorised to fix their remuneration.
Download last year's AGM minutes here:
Location of the Annual General Meeting