Find out about our purpose and vision, meet our team and learn how we're governed
Outbound Customer Service Representative | £22,000 - £24,000
Location - Wimbledon, South West London
Type - 12 month contract, happy to talk flexible working
Hours - 35 hours per week
Salary - £22,000 - £24,000
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
The CIPD Customer Services department are looking for an Outbound Customer Service Representative to join the Learning Enquiries team. You will be providing a first class service in order to generate new members, engage with and retain existing members. This is a busy and exciting team so we are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate who enjoys developing positive relationships. You will receive a tailored induction and training plan so you can confidently represent CIPD to our customers and work alongside your new team to provide a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Carry out a range of outbound calling campaigns, ranging from membership campaigns to sales and market research
- Continuously build, develop, share and maintain in depth product knowledge in order to provide a knowledgeable response to customers and so provide an added value service
- Actively seek and record information on customers including feedback comments on quality of service and ideas for new products
- Use a range of computer applications to accurately enter and amend customer data to promptly process financial and other transactions, and to build an accurate customer database
- Ensure that agreed levels of productivity, effectives and dials are achieved on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and that customers records or updated with an accurate reflection of contact between themselves & CIPD
- Attend off site and evening events including customer open evenings, and trade shows/exhibitions
- Follow up on all leads identified through various sources and build relationships with customers promoting CIPD Membership benefits and products and services
- Get involved in development and testing of new processes, systems and technology
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Confident, clear and concise communicator, both orally and in writing
- Able to deal confidently with people at all levels and develop positive working relationships with team members and colleagues
- Able to work as a member of a team
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible in response to changing priorities and needs and able to demonstrate a ‘can do’ and positive attitude
- Willing to acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
- Able to analyse and solve problems and determine and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Good outbound telephone call handling skills to also include up-selling and cross selling
- Excellent telephone call handling skills including questioning, probing, listening, establishing rapport, matching and closing
- Able to learn and understand high volumes of product information
- Able to quickly learn how to use internal IT systems in order to log and retrieve customer information
- Able to search for and find information on the CIPD website and using the Internet
- An aptitude for learning new IT systems quickly
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met. We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
CIPD valuing everyone as an individual
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.
Disability Confident employer
The CIPD is a Disability Confident Leader. We work with the DWP and lead the way in changing attitudes towards disability, and to encourage all employers to provide opportunities to ensure that people with disabilities and those with long-term health conditions are able to fulfil their potential at work. We regularly review our own people practices and approaches to ensure that our workplace is as open, diverse, accessible and inclusive as possible.
Stonewall Global Diversity Champion
The CIPD is a member of Stonewall’s Global Diversity Champions programme, working together to ensure that we are an LGBT+ inclusive employer and membership organisation across our UK and International communities. Our principles – work matters, people matter and professionalism matters – enshrine our belief that good work is safe and inclusive.
Stonewall and the CIPD share the vision that by embedding inclusive values, organisations can drive higher levels of wellbeing, motivation, satisfaction and productivity. Our ambition is to ensure that all of our staff and volunteers feel confident and comfortable in bringing their whole selves to work - because people perform better when they can be themselves.