We’re looking to collect feedback from our members on the Government’s flexible working consultation to help shape our response.
The Flexible Working consultation sets out five proposals for reshaping the existing regulatory framework so that it better supports the objective of making flexible working the default. The intention is to better support employees to start the conversation about contract changes, and employers to respond. The five areas in scope are:
- making the right to request flexible working a day one right
- whether the eight business reasons for refusing a request all remain valid
- requiring the employer to suggest alternatives
- the administrative process underpinning the right to request flexible working
- requesting a temporary arrangement.
The closing date for the survey is Friday 12 November (approx. 15 mins to complete).
The consultation closes on Wednesday 1 December.