Internships that work gives comprehensive guidance to help employers start an internship scheme or improve their existing programme.
It covers all the main issues surrounding internships, including:
- helping interns and business get the most out of internships
- guidance on how much to pay interns
- the best way to recruit interns
- creating a good induction process for interns
- effective ways to supervise and support interns
- how to structure short- and long-term internships
- a checklist for running an internship
- a model internship agreement
Originally published in December 2009, this guide was updated in May 2013 and again in September 2015. It is available for download below.
Explore our related content
Episode 111: We visit a group of apprentices to talk about their experiences of the programme and their aspirations, and chat to two HR professionals about how they develop and manage their apprenticeship schemes
Learn how to design worthwhile work experience placements for young people
Explore parents' attitudes to apprenticeships, and why it's important that parents view apprenticeships as a genuine alternative to university