Although we're the smallest of the 50+ UK branches with just over 500 members, we have big hopes and aspirations for our branch. We welcome all members - practitioners and consultants - covering all levels of experience in the profession of people management, learning and people development; from students just starting their careers right through to senior directors.
Branch activities are designed to provide continued professional development and networking opportunities to enhance members' credibility and visibility. This helps to strengthen the link between people professionals and the businesses within Cumbria.
We organise fantastic events (open to non-members as well) and provide a regular newsletter to keep everyone up to date. The Cumbria branch of the CIPD is your:
- To provide local opportunities for professional networking through events throughout the year.
- To provide the focus for two-way exchange of information between CIPD HQ and local members on policies and governance of the Institute through the branch committee, newsletter, website and events throughout the year.
Development support centre
- for students, through their CIPD programmes
- for applicants to membership information
- for guidance on membership issues, benefits or progression
- for continuing professional development (CPD)
Continuing professional development (CPD) provider
- Providing learning and development opportunities through events and discussion groups, at introductory level, on new issues, for updates and advance debate.
- Raising the profile of the CIPD locally as a valued source of information for people professionals and organisations.
Our mission is to engage fully with CIPD members and local businesses in Cumbria, supporting your professional development needs, sharing knowledge and good practice, encouraging continuous learning and development and facilitating networking opportunities across the county, and having some fun along the way!