Welcome to our branch area
The ambition of the Gibraltar CIPD Branch is to continue to act as a channel for member and potential member engagement at a local level. To provide a network of support for practitioners, build capability, attract new members, facilitate events through notable speakers and leaders in the people profession and raise the profile of the profession and the CIPD within Gibraltar.
We continue to provide support and representation to the local HR community; enabling opportunities for our members and other people professionals to network, share their expertise, remain compliant with local (and UK) legislation, trends and best practice; we support new comers and promote goods and services that help to enhance the HR function and benefit working lives.
Our aim is to raise the profile of the profession in Gibraltar, to encourage business leaders to recognise HR as a strategic business partner and to promote human resource management, learning and development and organisational development.
Kathleen Wilkes, Chartered MCIPD
Learn about our branch
Thank you for visiting our branch page and for your interest in being part of our local community of people professionals.
Founded in 2000 the Gibraltar CIPD branch continues to offer networking and professional development opportunities to the growing number of HR professionals working within Gibraltar.
Our branch committee plan a full year of relevant and engaging events for people professionals including a conference. We champion better work and working lives in Gibraltar, by:
- Promoting HR as a strategic business partner within the organisation.
- Provide networking opportunities for ‘people people’ to share knowledge, experience and challenges in all things HR and people oriented.
- Provide opportunities for members to build and grow their professional network and to meet with HR professionals and like-minded people on a regular basis.
- Offer support to our HR community to better enable them to adapt to and remain compliant with changes in local (and UK) employment law and legislation.
- Arrange events in which expert speakers and Government representatives deliver talks, advice and solutions on subjects relating to HR management, best practice and trends.
- Have a voice in local HR matters at both organisational and national levels.
- Provide L&D and CPD opportunities to all our members.
Our branch achieves this by encouraging local networks for practitioners, providing visibility and input into public policy agendas and working collaboratively with the Gibraltar Government.
Members are encouraged to contribute ideas and make suggestions of issues to address in the area of human resource development to benefit the locally registered companies and their workforce.
At whatever level you wish to be involved, we are sure you will find it both useful and enjoyable.
If you are interested in finding out more or being a facilitator of an event, get in touch by email.