Our aim is to raise the profile of HR in Gibraltar. Our Group provides both direct and indirect benefits to its members through various means, including opportunities to network, collaborate, and share ideas with other HR professionals via regular meetings and our LinkedIn page.
We are a group of professionals who are passionate about HR. We have an elected committee made up of volunteers who bring with them considerable HR experience across diverse industries in both the public and private sectors.
In this area you will find information about our future events, local and international related articles and updates on what the group is up to.
The Gibraltar CIPD Branch - founded in 2000 continues to provide support and networking opportunities to the growing number of HR professionals and ‘people people’ working within the Gibraltar jurisdiction.
We provide support and representation to the local HR community; enabling opportunities for our members and others to share their expertise, to remain compliant with local (and UK) employment legislation, trends and best practice, to support new comers and to promote goods and services that help to enhance the HR function and benefit working lives.
Our aim is to raise the profile of the Human Resource Profession in Gibraltar, to encourage business leaders to recognise HR as a strategic business partner and to promote human resource management and development.
The Committee help to provide our members with networking, learning & development (L&D) and continued professional development (CPD) opportunities on a regular basis; at which professional speakers, HR Practitioners and members of the branch share knowledge and experience, celebrate success and discuss challenges faced on any number of subjects relating to and impacting on companies and the well-being of their people.
Members are encouraged to contribute ideas and bring issues to light that they feel need to be addressed in the area of human resource management and development to benefit locally registered companies and their workforce.
We are especially proud of our Annual Conference – we celebrated a highly successful and well attended 4th conference in March this year and look forward to coordinating our 5th.
Our purpose: Championing Better Work and Working Lives
We seek to provide both direct and indirect benefits to our members through:
- Promote HR as a strategic business partner within an organisation.
- Provide networking opportunities for ‘people people’ to share knowledge, experience and challenges in all things HR and people oriented.
- Provide opportunities for members to build and grow their professional network and to meet with HR professionals and like-minded people on a regular basis.
- Offer support to our HR community to better enable them to adapt to and remain compliant with changes in local (and UK) employment law and legislation.
- Arrange events in which expert speakers and Government representatives deliver talks, advice and solutions on subjects relating to HR management, best practice and trends.
- Have a voice in local HR matters at both organisational and national levels.
- Provide L&D and CPD opportunities to all our members.
Our committee for 2017/18 are:
Chair: Lesley Louise
Vice Chair: Kathleen Wilkes
Secretary: Sue Beresford
Treasurer: Liz Flynn
Committee Members: Darrien Ramos, Laura Felipes, Kelly Mole, Stephanie Smith