Welcome to the Humber Branch’s 2015/16 programme.
I am just about to enter my second year as your Chair and to be honest I just don’t know where the time has gone because it has been such an incredibly busy time for the Branch, with some real highlights along the way. These have included the following:
- increased attendance at all our events which is very gratifying for your Committee, who are all volunteers and have put a lot of effort into arranging each event
- the Conference we held at the Grange Park on the theme of Skills Development and my personal thanks must go to all the contributors
- our Mentoring programme, which again has been a real success but also an excellent learning experience for both mentors and mentees alike, and long may it continue.
So if last year was a success, then my hope is that the 2015/16 programme can better it in terms of both attendance and feedback, but of course you will be the judge of that aspiration.
That said, what a time to be involved with Human Resource Management in all its many different facets, here within the Humber region.
This is because long established organisations and those multi-national organisations new to the region, are bringing exciting opportunities which have the potential to change positively the economic outlook of this region for decades to come, which is great news.
However, it is our profession that is so key to realising this opportunity because we need to find, retain, reward and develop the talent which will make all the above possible.
Therefore I would ask you please to keep an eye out for our regular emails which can link you to the website and events booking page with our theme of the Humber region being an excellent place to Live, Learn and Work.
Just a few final thoughts from me as we move into a new programme of events:
- We called our Conference “Transforming the Humber” because that is what we, as your Branch Committee, believe our profession is in prime position to achieve.
- As I am sure you are aware, a small proportion of your membership subscription helps fund our activities, so please come along and make the events programme a real success.
- None of this would be possible without the hard work of the volunteers who make up your Branch Committee and on behalf of all the membership can I say a big and heartfelt thank you - it’s so much appreciated.
So finally I look forward to welcoming you at one of our next CIPD Humber Branch events, whether it is the first time you have attended or you are one of our regular supporters.