This year’s CIPD Jersey Conference for leaders, managers and HR professionals will welcome prominent speakers from the world of work and neuroscience. Called ‘THINK!’ the conference will equip delegates to enhance their own and the performance of others at work through understanding and applying cutting-edge research about the brain.
Breaking New Ground
The neuroscience of leadership is rapidly breaking new ground in leadership training, deepening our understanding of how the brain works and enabling us to maximise our potential to improve effectiveness at work and build better relationships. It also supports the enhancement of interpersonal skills, project planning and management practices, and will have a positive impact on organisational performance overall.
Keynote Speaker: Sir Cary L. Cooper CBE, FAcSS
Keynote speaker at the July conference is CIPD President, Professor Sir Cary L. Cooper, CBE, FAcSS author and editor of more than 125 books and one of Britain's most quoted business gurus.
He is The 50th Anniversary Professor of Organisational Psychology and Health at Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, UK, and a founding President of the British Academy of Management, amongst many other titles and honours.
He was awarded the CBE by the Queen in 2001 for his contributions to organisational health and safety; and in 2014 he was awarded a Knighthood for his contribution to the social sciences.
Mental Capital and Wellbeing at Work
In his talk, entitled Mental Capital and Wellbeing at Work, Prof. Sir Cary Cooper will address:
- The Costs of Stress and Lack of Mental Wellbeing at Work
- The Impact on the Changing Nature of Work as a Result of the Recession
- The Sources of Workplace Stress
- Strategies for Creating a Healthier Workplace
Other expert speakers at the full day event will include:
- David Ogilvie, Founder & Director of The Resilience Development Co.
- Dr Alessio Agostinis, Founder of Jersey International Mindfulness Centre
- Stephen McCrimmon, Head, Family and Carers Service, MIND Jersey
- Jason Wyse, CEO, Silkworth Charity Group
- Jess Dunsdon, ITV News Presenter
- Julia Tybura Chartered FCIPD, MD of Zenon Consulting
- Sue Cox, Facilitator, Speaker, Coach and Tango Dancer
The conference will be hosted by Cheryl Kaye, Chair, CIPD Jersey; and Richard Sheldon, Policy Advisor, CIPD Guernsey will be sharing the results of the recent Guernsey Mental Health Employer Survey. “We are delighted to welcome our president Sir Prof. Cary Cooper to Jersey and we look forward to an inspiring event which will expand our minds and propel us and our teams to greater things in the workplace,” Mrs Kaye said.
Secure Your Place Now - 6 Hours of CPD!
Sponsored by Rossborough Healthcare and WellBeing World, THINK! will be held at the Hotel de France on Thursday, 6th July 2017 – booking is essential.