Welcome to the Lancashire Branch. We are part of the Northern Area Partnership which runs an annual conference in York every June.
Your Volunteer Committee are working hard to bring you a new programme for the 2017-18 year. We are basing it on previous success and your feedback from events and the Branch member survey.
We are very pleased to have some new committee members joining us this year. If you would like to help with running the Branch, please come to an event and have a chat with any of the committee or get in touch via the contact us link.
We look forward to seeing you at our events and welcome your feedback on how we can continue to develop our branch to support you and your organisational needs.
Chair, CIPD Lancashire Branch
To be the leading professional body in the Lancashire area for people and organisational development, who support HR and Training professionals at all levels of their careers with the capabilities they need, aligned to personal, organisational and market requirements.
To attract and maintain members at all levels working with local organisations, to understand their HR and Training capability requirements and to develop and support our members' capabilities in line with market needs.
- To get closer to and build effective relationships with local organisations, colleges and universities and to raise the profile of the CIPD in Lancashire and the Northern Area.
- To understand our internationally/globally focussed members’ needs and support their personal/organisational development.
- To provide a service to HR & Training professionals at all levels that adds value to them personally and from an organisational perspective.
- To facilitate local members' development through CPD and membership upgrading support/advice.
- To develop the communication channels to our members using various methods. This will mainly be via the branch website, regular newsletters/e-newsletters, programmes of events and other social networks.
- To facilitate special interest groups to share best practice and encourage networking.
- To provide a focus for two-way exchange of information between CIPD HQ and local members on policies and governance through the branch committee and communication channels throughout the year.
We are also a part of a longstanding voluntary partnership of the ten northern England branches covering between them an area from the Scottish border down to Cheshire in the West and South Yorkshire in the East and providing services to around 24,000 members.