Welcome to the Lincolnshire CIPD Branch area!
Having been one of the quieter branches for a little while, we’ve recruited a new committee which has been focusing on being clear on what it is we want to achieve as a local branch. Our vision for the branch is to build a community fit for the future here in Lincolnshire, for members and the profession and our strategic priorities to achieve this are:
- Growing expertise of people professionals together and sharing knowledge
- Demonstrating the value of CIPD membership to individuals and organisations
- Actively listening to identify needs
- Communicating to have impact
- Running the branch effectively and efficiently
We do this through a range of branch activities which are open to our 1,400+ members and, in some cases, non-members. These are opportunities to network with colleagues, continue professional development and remain up to date with evolving HR issues through events and newsletters, and we are soon to launch a local mentoring scheme. Whatever level of involvement you are able to have, we have no doubt you will find it both valuable and enjoyable.
The Branch Committee is working hard to provide a diverse schedule of free and paid events, enabling us all to share the benefit and expertise of a range of high profile speakers and leaders in our profession. Details of our events are available in the section below which is updated on a regular basis so please do check regularly and keep up to date with changes and additions.
We are keen to ensure that our Branch programme remains up to date and relevant to you. Please do keep in touch with either myself or any of the Committee Members – our details can be found in the About us section below – and let us have your comments about events, especially suggestions for future events.
We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you.
Would you like to get involved as a branch committee member?
- Having clear roles and responsibilities that we hold each other to account for
- Having a focused approach to the service we're offering and providing
- Being open, transparent and communicate appropriately with each other
- Giving and receiving timely, constructive feedback and challenge to each other
- Ensuring everyone feels included, valued and respected
- Having some fun and developing together
- Active participation – if we say we'll do something, we do it
We are also a part of the Midlands Area Partnership (MAP), a regional group of eight branches in the Midlands area which combine to cover 15,000 CIPD members. The group aims to promote the CIPD purpose throughout the Midlands region by sharing best practice, improving links between the individual branches and providing networking opportunities for all our members.