The CIPD in Northern Ireland works closely with our network of members, volunteers and stakeholders to develop the profession and build our policy relevance and reach. Our mission is to establish the voice of CIPD in Northern Ireland supported by our regional branch committee.
With more than 3,000 CIPD members across Northern Ireland, we sit at the heart of a proud, growing community of practitioners, members, partners, policymakers and thought leaders in the world of work. Through our collaborative efforts we’ll take big steps towards championing better work and working lives.
Welcome from the CIPD Northern Ireland Branch Chair
Elected CIPD Northern Ireland Committee Members 2017/18
Chair - Lynn Carson
Vice Chair - Nicola Barber
Vice Chair - Beth McMaw
Secretary - Cathy Doherty
Treasurer - Darren Patterson
Events Lead - Lydia Gourley
Policy & Strategy Lead - Sarah Uprichard
CPD & Membership Lead - Jeanette Harrison
Communications Lead - Julie Brown
Council Representative - Peter Aiken
CIPD focus for Policy in Northern Ireland
- Identify the big issues around people and development which need to be addressed, and enthuse and engage members and policy makers in how we can tackle them.
- Put CIPD’s vision of ‘championing better work and working lives’ at the heart of the HR, business and policy conversation.
- Analysing, understanding and addressing the big challenges regarding the future of work in Northern Ireland; such as technology, automation and innovation.
- Working with government and other organisations to improve the workplace by building wellbeing, engagement and resilience in the Northern Ireland workforce through good HR practice in everything from diversity to reward, and learning so that we can adapt to whatever future we face.
- Building Northern Ireland’s workforce by focusing on skills and training through a lifelong learning approach.
- Building our profession for the future in Northern Ireland, and focusing on the skills and capabilities which HR and learning professionals can uniquely contribute will help us to embed the changes we need to see and equip Northern Ireland for the future.
Building partnerships with organisations
The CIPD team in Northern Ireland is ideally placed to support organisations through their people management challenges and to build HR capability within organisations of all sizes; combining CIPD expertise and insights with your own to co-create your HR capability strategy and a team fit for the future.
Whether it’s working with HR practitioners, leaders or operational/line managers, our employer solutions focus on the fundamentals of strong people management and how it contributes significantly to organisational success.
We are proud to work with employers across the public, private and third sector to build and support their development strategy for HR and L&D professionals across Northern Ireland. To discuss engagement and partnership opportunities please contact Avril Anderson.
Our conferences, events and networks
Over the coming year, a vibrant schedule of activity will be on offer, so whether you are a CIPD student or a Chartered Fellow, there will be something of interest to you. Details of all events across Northern Ireland over the coming months can be found in our CIPD Northern Ireland calendar of events, including large scale, high impact conferences as well as inspiring local networks:
- CIPD NI Wellbeing and Resilience Conference, November 2017
- CIPD Northern Ireland Employment Law Conference, January 2018
- CIPD Northern Ireland Awards, May 2018
- HR Leader Networks
Profile Raising Opportunities
Many of our events and networks offer significant profile raising opportunities for organisations and key CIPD partners. There are lots of different ways a company can sponsor CIPD activity across Northern Ireland, and show their support, including:
- Sponsoring a conference, event or Northern Ireland wide network
- Exhibiting at a conference or event
- Providing a venue
- Advertising on our website or e-newsletters
- Providing great content and speaker contribution
We are always pleased to receive sponsorship to expand our range of activities. If you are interested in discussing these opportunities further then please email Avril Anderson.