The CIPD in Northern Ireland works closely with our network of members, volunteers and stakeholders to develop the profession and build our policy relevance and reach. Our mission is to establish the voice of CIPD in Northern Ireland supported by our regional branch committee.
With more than 3,400 CIPD members across Northern Ireland, we sit at the heart of a proud, growing community of practitioners, members, partners, policymakers and thought leaders in the world of work. Through our collaborative efforts we’ll take big steps towards championing better work and working lives.
Welcome from CIPD Northern Ireland
Thank your for visiting the CIPD Northern Ireland website.
It's a great time to be a CIPD Member in Northern Ireland with a vast array of events and campaigns delivered by both our staff team and volunteers, designed to raise the profile of the HR profession and the CIPD in Northern Ireland. This includes the Annual CIPD Northern Ireland Conference in November, and the CIPD NI HR Awards, which are well established as the most prestigious awards for the HR profession in Northern Ireland.
The CIPD NI volunteer team will shortly commence their programme for 2018-19 with a range of events and activities designed to appeal to HR professionals at different stages in their careers. We are providing a varied programme this year with more dialogue, networking and interactive event formats.
We're very active on social media, so follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn for the latest news, and make sure that you register for our monthly e-newsletter which we goes out on the first Tuesday of every month. If you've not already done so, you can register under the preferences section of the website.
We do hope to see you at one of our events in the near future. In the meantime, do get in touch to let us know how we can continue to support you and your organisation.
Lee Ann Panglea Lynn Carson
Head of Scotland and Northern Ireland Branch Chair
Northern Ireland, CIPD
The CIPD NI Team
CIPD has a small staff team in Northern Ireland who work on a range of events and campaigns, and a volunteer team who provide a programme of CPD and networking events.
Lee Ann Panglea, Head of CIPD Scotland and Northern Ireland
Avril Anderson, Market Development Manager, CIPD Scotland and Northern Ireland
Suzanne Best, Administrator, CIPD Scotland and Northern Ireland
Contact the staff team at NorthernIreland@cipd.co.uk
Chair - Lynn Carson
Vice Chair - Nicola Barber
Vice Chair - Beth McMaw
Secretary - Cathy Doherty
Treasurer - Darren Patterson
Events Lead - Keely Gavin
Council Representative - Peter Aiken
Contact the branch volunteer team at email@example.com
CIPD NI Annual Conference 2019
The 2019 CIPD Northern Ireland Conference returns to the ICC Belfast on Thursday 28 November. Bookings will open later this month - look out for the booking link on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook and book early to take advantage of our early bird rates.
Our sponsorship and exhibition prospectus is now available and can be downloaded below. Please contact Avril Anderson on 07736 132 375 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the commercial opportunities around this event.
CIPD focus for policy in Northern Ireland
- Identify the big issues around people and development which need to be addressed, and enthuse and engage members and policy makers in how we can tackle them.
- Put CIPD’s vision of ‘championing better work and working lives’ at the heart of the HR, business and policy conversation.
- Analysing, understanding and addressing the big challenges regarding the future of work in Northern Ireland; such as technology, automation and innovation.
- Working with government and other organisations to improve the workplace by building wellbeing, engagement and resilience in the Northern Ireland workforce through good HR practice in everything from diversity to reward, and learning so that we can adapt to whatever future we face.
- Building Northern Ireland’s workforce by focusing on skills and training through a lifelong learning approach.
- Building our profession for the future in Northern Ireland, and focusing on the skills and capabilities which HR and learning professionals can uniquely contribute will help us to embed the changes we need to see and equip Northern Ireland for the future.
Building partnerships with organisations
The CIPD team in Northern Ireland is ideally placed to support organisations through their people management challenges and to build HR capability within organisations of all sizes; combining CIPD expertise and insights with your own to co-create your HR capability strategy and a team fit for the future.
Whether it’s working with HR practitioners, leaders or operational/line managers, our employer solutions focus on the fundamentals of strong people management and how it contributes significantly to organisational success.
We are proud to work with employers across the public, private and third sector to build and support their development strategy for HR and L&D professionals across Northern Ireland. To discuss engagement and partnership opportunities please contact the CIPD Scotland and Northern Ireland team.
Profile raising opportunities
Many of our events and networks offer significant profile raising opportunities for organisations and key CIPD partners. There are lots of different ways a company can sponsor CIPD activity across Northern Ireland, and show their support, including:
- Sponsoring a conference, event or Northern Ireland wide network
- Exhibiting at a conference or event
- Providing a venue
- Advertising on our website or e-newsletters
- Providing great content and speaker contribution
We are always pleased to receive sponsorship to expand our range of activities. If you are interested in discussing these opportunities further then please email email@example.com.