Surrey and North Hampshire Branch is made up of a number of important geographic groups, each with its own particular programme of events organised by a voluntary committee and group chair.
The groups are:
- Farnborough and Camberley
- Walton and Weybridge
- Career Connect
- Special Interest Group - Consultants
- Branch mentoring scheme
The group events are a great opportunity to network in a friendly and welcoming environment and learn something new and topical at the same time. Both members and non-members are welcome and you can book on by clicking the button on the event page. All we ask is that, if you are unable to attend once you have booked, you let us know as soon as possible.
We provide a varied programme for different HR knowledge areas and we keep you updated via e-mails, LinkedIn and our quarterly e-newsletters; so please watch out for the e-mails.
If you have not already joined please join the Surrey and North Hampshire Branch LinkedIn group.
We recognise that members are very busy and we would like to provide flexibility to the amount of time people are able to give on a voluntary basis. Therefore why not become a volunteer ‘friend’ of the Branch committee. We have a variety of opportunities for different skills and time.
Being a friend would provide you with:
- opportunities to network
- an opportunity for you to add to your CV in an area you may not gain experience in your current role e.g. event planning and organisation, social media, engagement
- an opportunity to know more about the committee and the different roles within the committee before taking on a committee member role.
We have opportunities for you to:
- organise an event or help a committee member with this
- write articles for the quarterly and annual newsletter
- start a conversation on LinkedIn
- recommend a speaker for our events
- contribute ideas for our events and recommendations from other members you know
- engage with other members at our events
- bring someone with you to an event.
If you are interested in becoming a ‘friend’ please contact Michelle Grasty, our Branch Administrator, and one of our committee members will contact you to talk more about the Surrey and North Hampshire Branch.
Surrey and North Hampshire Branch Chair
Follow us on Twitter.