The CIPD is here to inspire, enable and support you to be the best you can be throughout your HR or L&D career.
1. Develop yourself against the industry standards
The knowledge and skills you need to demonstrate will change as your career and the profession itself continue to evolve. The CIPD Profession Map will show you exactly what is expected of you at every stage of your career, helping you save time and focus on the right areas for development.
Whether you’re a generalist or specialist in HR or L&D, your level of seniority and responsibilities can map to one of the four bands of competencies and show you how to improve or progress to the next level.
2. Love learning: How to keep up to date and relevant
Keeping your skills and knowledge up to date and relevant is essential to succeeding in the fast-changing world of HR and L&D, and it’s easier than you think. The trick is to do a little and often, and give yourself credit for learning activities you possibly do without thinking.
Which of the following activities are you already doing or will start today?
- Receive coaching from a colleague: make the most of the knowledge and talent from within your own organisation.
- Work shadow or job rotate: get an insight into someone else's role.
- Internal training: pick-up new skills and knowledge tailored to your organisations needs.
- Get a bite-size round-up of the latest news and research: sign-up to a CIPD newsletter.
- Read People Management magazine. Available for CIPD members in print and online.
- Read our the latest industry research, reports, books, journals and articles in our Knowledge hub.
- Conduct your own internet research.
- Debate current issues and share knowledge with the CIPD community forum.
- L&D professionals: get the latest industry trends, techniques and skills content in a bite-sized format. Join the Future of Learning Hub.
- Attend one of our many CIPD events - from the L&D Show to our flagship Annual Conference and Exhibition.
- Network and skills-swap at your local CIPD branch.
- Join in or set-up your own specialist group.
3. Advance your career with qualifications
It’s never been easier to study. Find a course that fits around your busy lifestyle. Study from the comfort of your home, face-to-face, or a mixture of the two.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.