The knowledge and activities in the ten professional areas of the Map, as well as the behavioural statements, are displayed in four bands.
The four bands of professional competence define the contribution that professionals make at every stage of their HR career in the following key areas:
- The relationship that the HR professional has with clients
- The focus of the activities performed by the HR professional
- Where HR professionals spend their time
- What services they provide to clients
- How their contribution and success is measured.
Whether you are using the Profession Map for your own development or for your HR team’s/organisation, the bands help to give a clear pathway and focus to your developmental planning and activities. All professional areas and behaviours set out the standards in these four bands or levels.