Online, face-to-face or blended learning for your organisation
Raise the capability, credibility and impact of your people function
To recognise those who are going above and beyond and partnering exclusively with the CIPD to grow the next generation of people professionals, we have developed the CIPD People Development Partner.
To be a CIPD People Development Partner, your organisation must:
- recognise and align your HR and L&D capability and practices against our international standard of excellence (the CIPD Profession Map)
- be committed to the ongoing professionalism of your people through qualifications and membership
- be a champion for the profession by providing entry points (for example through apprenticeships and graduate programmes)
- work with the CIPD to continually support your team to thrive through training and development
- invest back into the wider profession by participating in research and policy.
The key to success for any business is how it develops, attracts and retains its people. We see the vital importance of having the very best HR capabilities and talent working for and supporting organisations. That's why we work with hundreds of organisations every year to be the best that they can be.
Meet our People Development Partners
Turbo-charging the Civil Service people function
Civil Service HR (CSHR), the overarching people function encompassing all civil servants working in HR and L&D across all government departments, agencies and other public bodies, have been working closely with the CIPD since 2016 and leading the way on raising the capability and credibility of its people function.
People development with military precision
The Ministry of Defence employs 60,000 civil servants and has a core Civilian HR function of 180 people. Over the last three years, they have been working hard to boost their professional standards and plug capability gaps.
Taking pride in being people experts
HMRC employs over 65,000 people nationwide, and has a people team of around 1500. The work they have put in to develop their people function to support the wider workforce demonstrates a clear commitment to delivering excellent people management, as well as supporting the overall business to succeed and thrive.
Building HR capability at Tesco
Tesco employs more than 400,000 people nationwide and has a people team of 800. The company has worked closely with the CIPD for a number of years, helping to develop its HR capabilities through various different ways.