Find which Study Centres are offering the pre-2021 qualifications by using the Qualification Finder
Develop the knowledge and skills employers are looking for
Our pre-2021 HR and L&D qualifications develop relevant and essential knowledge and skills, and are a route into CIPD membership. If you are looking for information about our new qualifications, find it here.
Join over 25,000 professionals currently studying an HR and L&D qualification with us.
- Increase your career prospects and earning potential.
- Gain the skills, knowledge and tools to support your organisation and progress your career.
- Build your confidence and credibility to handle the most pertinent people management and development issues.
Current CIPD Qualifications
Find the right CIPD qualification for you.
Step 1: Identify your level of study
Advanced level: If you’re experienced, looking to advance to a strategic level, and aspire to become a Chartered Member, then these postgraduate-level qualifications are for you.
Intermediate level: If you’re already working in HR or L&D and want to develop your knowledge and skills, then one of our undergraduate level qualifications is the choice for you.
Foundation level: If you’re just starting out in HR or L&D or working in a support role, these courses which are comparable in level to A-level will make an ideal first professional qualification.
CIPD’s foundation and intermediate qualifications are at Levels 3 and 5 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and are regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and the Council for Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA).
Step 2: Choose your size of qualification
Diploma: Study a wide breadth of subjects.
Successful completion of a Foundation or Intermediate Diploma leads to Associate membership.
An Advanced Diploma also leads to Associate membership, and gives you the knowledge to apply for Chartered Membership (subject to eligibility).
Certificate: Study the essentials employers are looking for.
Successful completion at any level leads to Associate Membership.
Award: Focus on one area.
Get the knowledge and skills in a specific HR or L&D subject.
Note: Awards do not lead to any professional grade of membership but may give you credits toward a Certificate or Diploma.
Step 3: Decide how you’d like to study
We deliver our qualifications through a range of different study modes, letting you choose the option that suits you most:
- Full-time or part-time learning: Attend taught classes as part of a structured, face-to-face learning experience
- Block learning: A more intensive study pattern, with taught classes grouped into blocks of workshops
- Digital learning: Enjoy maximum flexibility to study when and where you want through a blended or digital qualification.
- Mixed-mode study: Aimed at experienced individuals and enables use of workplace evidence alongside a mixture of learning input and support to suit the needs of the candidate
Step 4: Find your perfect qualification and study centre
We offer a choice of qualifications, study centres and ways to learn for each level of study and type of course.
Browse all qualifications: Search the Qualification finder
If you want to study digitally, choose your digital study provider from the list of study centres
Search for a specialist qualification: Explore CIPD Learning
With three levels - Foundation, Associate and Advanced - our qualifications cater to every career stage, from aspiring to experienced professionals
For other ways to develop your knowledge and skills
Studying not for you?
Experience Assessment is a direct route to CIPD membership. It doesn’t require sitting an exam or a qualification in HR to be eligible. Instead, professionals with relevant experience showcase how they meet the membership standards.