The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (‘CIPD’) provides learning materials and information (‘CIPD Content’) through the CIPD Learning Hub (‘Learning Hub’) which can be accessed through a PC and other devices (‘Services’). As our Services include the software that is accessed from your computer, phone, tablet, or other device, you agree that we may automatically update this software, and that these User Terms will apply to such updates as well as to updated CIPD Content.
By using our Services, you agree to comply with and be bound by these User Terms (including any policies referenced in the User Terms), and you agree that you have read and understood them. These User Terms have legal effect between you and CIPD, no matter how you access our Services. It is important that you read these User Terms carefully. If you do not agree with these User Terms, you must not access or use our Services.
Part A applies to you if you are a CIPD member. Part B applies to you if you are not a CIPD member. Part C applies to all users.
A. CIPD Members
1. As part of CIPD’s member services, CIPD grants a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to you, to access the Learning Hub and use the Services for the purposes of your professional development. Your access to the Learning Hub and our Services, granted through membership, will terminate automatically without notice when you cease to be a CIPD member or your membership lapses for any reason. Your access to any CIPD Content that you have paid for will continue subject to the terms of your agreement with CIPD.
2. You remain responsible for your use and actions relating to the Services and must adhere to the terms of any agreement in place with CIPD at all times.
3. Unless your licence agreement provides otherwise you may not use the CIPD Content in any form other than that we have provided and only through our Learning Hub.
4. CIPD may terminate or suspend your use of the Services without notice if at any time you breach your CIPD membership terms and conditions.
1. CIPD provides the Services under licence to customers of CIPD (each a ‘Customer’), the terms of which are set out in the agreement between CIPD and its Customer and apply to your use of the Services.
2. In providing you with an account or access link, a Customer or CIPD may invite you to access the Services.
3. CIPD may permit its Customer to grant you access provided that its Customer complies with certain restrictions and provided that its Customer remains responsible for your use and actions relating to the Services. In such case, your use of the Learning Hub is governed by your relationship with the Customer and these User Terms.
C. Terms applying to members and non-members
- Any comments, posts or information that you submit or share on the Learning Hub (‘User Content’), will be shared with CIPD and/or other users of the Services.
- You retain all intellectual property rights in and are responsible for the User Content you share.
- User Content does not include any course content or other materials made available on or placed on the Learning Hub by or on behalf of CIPD, nor any information stored in the manner described in paragraph C7.
- To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant CIPD a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content.
- CIPD reserves the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these User Terms.
- We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services (‘Feedback’). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you.
- You are responsible for any information that you choose to store on your Learning Hub profile, and you will retain all intellectual property rights in such content.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws.
- CIPD makes no representations or warranties to you of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Services or the information, content or materials included on the Learning Hub.
- You understand that information (including opinions) provided by CIPD on the Learning Hub is provided for general information purposes only and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.
Data submitted by you
- In using the Services, you must ensure any data or information you submit or send:
- is accurate (where it states facts);
- is genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- complies with applicable law in any country from which it is posted, and that you have all necessary permissions to place such information (including personal information) on the Learning Hub.
- CIPD and its licensors own and reserve all intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all copyright), in the Services, including the Learning Hub and CIPD Content, and you agree that you will not do anything to infringe or prejudice those rights.
Personal information and privacy
- We use your data to create a unique profile to grant you access to the Learning Hub. We ask for your name and email address so that our customer support teams can use them to identify your profile in the Learning Hub should you need assistance.
- You will not upload the personal information of any individual to the Services unless you are legally permitted to do so.
- Unless otherwise expressly permitted, you may not:
- sell, sublicense, distribute, display, store, copy, modify, decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer, translate or transfer the Services or CIPD Content in whole or in part, or as a component of any other product or service;
- use the Services or CIPD Content to create any derivative works or competitive products;
- allow any third parties to access, use or benefit from the Services or the CIPD Content in any way;
- use any programmatic, scripted or other mechanical means to access the Services or CIPD Content; or
- share your password or login details with anyone.
- CIPD reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, reschedule, or modify the Services or any of the CIPD Content at any time.
- CIPD is not responsible for any loss, damage or cost resulting from any decisions that are made in reliance on the Services. You agree that you use the Services at your own risk.
- We are constantly changing and improving the Services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop part of the Services altogether. We may not be able to deliver the Services to certain regions or countries for various reasons, including due to applicable export control requirements or internet access limitations and restrictions from governments. CIPD shall have no liability to you for any such action.
- Unless otherwise explicitly indicated participation in or completion of any of the courses on the Learning Hub does not confer any academic credit.
- CIPD may revise these User Terms in its sole discretion and such changes shall be effective from the next time you use the Services.
- These User Terms are governed by English law and users shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.