Recognises HR and L&D professionals who demonstrate excellence in people practice by supporting the delivery of HR and L&D solutions, or hold a relevant CIPD qualification
Raise your profile and credibility with professional recognition
Achieving professional membership of the CIPD demonstrates to employers, clients and peers that you meet the rigorous requirements and professional standards for good practice in HR and L&D.
Becoming a professional member of the CIPD will:
- Enhance your career prospects and earning potential.
- Show your commitment to high standards and ethical compliance.
- Give you access to a growing and vibrant community of HR and L&D professionals, leading-edge resources and professional development tools.
CIPD membership has given me extra confidence. I have a source to make sure those skills are up-to-date and a peer group to 'swap notes'.
Kay Heald, Chartered FCIPD
I feel that being a CIPD professional member gives me the credibility required within my field, especially when dealing with senior stakeholders.
Symon Irving, Assoc CIPD
Resourcing Consultant, Advantage XPO
CIPD gives me credibility. Something to be proud of and sets the standard for progressing. It gives me a clear path in terms of how I can develop
Emma Vernon, Chartered MCIPD
HR Business Partner, APM Group
Routes into professional membership
Choosing the right level of membership depends on where you are in your career and whether or not you wish to study a qualification.
Your options are:
- Study a CIPD Certificate or Diploma qualification and be awarded Associate membership on successful completion.
- Study an Advanced Diploma then upgrade to Chartered Member or higher with the right experience.
- Undergo Experience Assessment - a flexible and time-efficient route designed for busy professionals.
Which level of membership do you aspire to?
Recognises HR and L&D professionals who deliver organisational performance by leading, driving and delivering people plans and solutions
Recognises HR and L&D professionals who deliver sustained long-term business performance by leading and developing people strategy