Make your experience count
Experience Assessment is a rigorous, time-efficient and rewarding way for HR and L&D professionals, practitioners and consultants to become a professional member of the CIPD.
Experience Assessment is a great choice if you:
- Have current HR or L&D experience appropriate to the level you’re applying for.
- Want recognition for your HR or L&D contribution to organisational success.
- Seek a flexible route into professional membership that works around your lifestyle without having to study a full qualification.
I found experience assessment to be a most enlightening period of professional and personal self-reflection. It’s a great way to get professional recognition and remind yourself what you’ve accomplished.
Toby Lott, Chartered MCIPD
Group HR Manager, Infoteam Group
Becoming a CIPD member was something that I should have done sooner. So I set aside time to get my CIPD Chartered Membership through Experience Assessment. I use it on my LinkedIn profile and CV.
Paul Wickes, Chartered MCIPD
Independent HR Consultant
Reward your achievements
Experience Assessment allows you to reflect on your career, skills and knowledge to date, and highlights your areas for development to meet your long term career aspirations.
Within as little as four months you could:
- Be awarded a level of professional membership with exclusive member benefits.
- Use designatory letters after your name (Assoc CIPD, Chartered MCIPD or Chartered FCIPD).
- Benchmark your HR or L&D experience against the industry standard.
- Learn how you can be even better at what you do, whatever your level.
- Demonstrate your commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and our Code of Professional Conduct.
Book your FREE pre-assessment discussion
Step 1: Check your eligibility against our requirements for the level of membership you wish to apply for:
Step 2: Book your pre-assessment
If you think you meet all of the requirements, the next step is to have a FREE 30 minute pre-assessment discussion to determine whether Experience Assessment is the right route into professional membership for you.
For information, tips and advice on how to prepare for your FREE pre-assessment discussion, download our guide below.
Book today. Call us on: +44 (0)20 8612 6208
More about the full assessment
Step 3: Complete the assessment
Experience Assessment is both challenging and rewarding, and designed to fit around your full-time work commitments. You should expect to invest around 10-15 days of your time over an eight week period to do the following online assessments:
- Impact report: demonstrate how you’ve contributed to your organisation’s success
- Self assessment: demonstrate how you meet the behaviours required of an effective HR or L&D professional
- Case study: provide a business report for a fictional organisation
- Workplace feedback: provide feedback from people you work with, including your line manager (or client, if you’re a consultant).
- Professional discussion: Approximately 3-4 weeks after you complete the online assessment you’ll have a half day professional discussion with one of our assessors to explore your evidence in more detail.
Step 4: Receive the outcome of your assessment
You will learn the outcome of your assessment within 6 weeks and receive a tailored report to support your continuing professional development.
You will be awarded professional membership of the CIPD with designatory letters after your name:
- Associate member (Assoc CIPD)
- Chartered Member (Chartered MCIPD)
- Chartered Fellow (Chartered FCIPD)
We’ll also send you your new professional member card and certificate.
Experience Assessment fees
Fees for up to 12 months membership
You will need to renew your membership on 1 July 2018 and each year after that. Don’t worry, we’ll send you renewal information well before the due date to remind you how much is due. Annual payment will be collected until you advise us otherwise.
|Membership type||Assessment fee||Joining fee||Membership fee||Total|