As a CIPD member, find out how you can get legal advice through one of our four different telephone helplines
We provide CIPD members with a tailored outplacement programme from LHH Penna for one month, accessed from one of their UK offices or website. The service consists of:
- a workshop
- a one-to-one career coaching session
- access to CRN, LHH Penna’s online support tool
- access to one of LHH Penna’s office locations for one month.
CRN - LHH Penna's online career portal
Containing premium jobs search databases, world-class company and industry research, career planning and assessment tools, seminars, webinars, blogs, e-learning tools as well as information on training, retirement and self-employment, LHH Penna's Career Resource Network (CRN), provides a wealth of information and resources 24/7/365 to help you identify, plan and secure your next career move.
To be eligible you must:
- have held CIPD membership for at least the last two years. (This may include a period on the ‘hardship’ register).
- have been out of work (unemployed) and actively seeking work for at least six months. (Work is defined as a full or part time paid employment role within an organisation).
- evidence to confirm at least 6 months active job seeking.
Access to outplacement:
- is limited to one consultation in any 2 year period.
- excludes those who have benefited from an employer redundancy package which included a consultation.
- excludes seeking self-employed business or developing own consultancy services from the definition of actively seeking full or part time paid employment.
By participating in the programme you agree to:
- provide feedback to the CIPD Membership Development team at the end of the programme about your experience.
- inform the CIPD as soon as you have successfully found a new job.
48 hour Cancellation policy
If after booking your place on the programme you are unable to participate, you must provide LHH Penna with at least 48 hours cancellation notice to avoid a cancellation fee of £125.