Activate your career in the people profession
Foundation Membership starts to build your credibility. It shows you’re serious about your development and that you have a strong base of knowledge to build on. Once you’ve successfully completed your CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice you become a Foundation Member and can use the designation 'Foundation CIPD'.
Working at Foundation grade means you have a direct impact on daily operations. You’re using your knowledge to perform an effective tactical role that supports others in your organisation including your manager, colleagues and customers.
This grade could be for you if:
- you've completed the CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice
- you’re beginning to build your experience in people practice, or looking for your first role in the people profession
- you’re carrying out varied tactical and administrative work for your immediate colleagues and customers
- you’re applying your knowledge of people practices to your work
- you’re performing day-to-day tasks, such as answering queries, booking people onto training, or gathering information to support people programmes
Member benefits to support you
The latest business insights, essential HR/L&D knowledge and trusted legal guidance will build on your tactical skills and help take your career to the next level. You can make rewarding connections in the people profession, plus save on books, training courses and more. Take a look at some key benefits for Foundation Members.
Foundation Member fees
The total cost of membership is dependent on whether you are becoming a member for the first time, renewing your membership, re-joining, or upgrading to a different grade of membership or coming into membership via the Experience Assessment route.
Foundation Member fee for up to 12 months* (from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023): £168.
You can pay by card or through direct debit instalments, and you’ll need to renew your membership annually on 1 July. We’ll send you renewal information well before the due date to remind you how much is due.
Fees for our route to becoming a Foundation Member:
|Study a qualification||Fee (1 July 2022- 30 June 2023)|
|Qualification fee||Set by individual study centres|
|12-month Student Member fee*||£99|
|Total||Qualification fee and £139|
Once you finish your qualification, you’ll start paying the Foundation Member fee at your next renewal on 1 July.
*Dependent on when you join in the year, we offer different membership fee options.