Progressing your Academic membership is a way to aspire to, and invest in, relevant self-development as you develop your career and contribution to the profession.
I get a sense of belonging. To something that's big and globally respected… It's also driving the skills agenda through its policy work with Steps Ahead Mentoring and Inspiring the Future.
Kevin Haslam, Academic MCIPD
Programme Leader East Surrey College and Associate at Acacia Learning
Being an Academic Member or Fellow:
- allows you to use the designation Academic MCIPD or Academic FCIPD after your name
- inspires confidence in employers, clients and peers
- recognises your knowledge and experience
- connects you with like-minded professionals
- keeps you in touch with the HR and L&D profession
- entitles you to exclusive discounts including our flagship events throughout the year.
Am I eligible to upgrade?
If you have the right level of experience then you could be eligible to apply to become a Academic Member or Academic Fellow.
Progress to Academic Member if you are:
- currently an Academic Associate
- recognised in the UK or internationally as an academic expert in one or more relevant subject areas.
Progress to Academic Fellow if you are:
- currently an Academic Associate or Academic Member
- recognised in the UK or internationally as an academic expert in at least two HR or L&D subject areas.
Send us your CV
Getting started couldn’t be easier, just send us an up-to-date CV and we’ll advise which grade of membership you could apply for and how you can upgrade.Send your CV today to: AcademicAssessment@cipd.co.uk
Academic membership fees
The cost of upgrading depends on the option you choose and the grade you apply for.
Non-refundable assessment fee: £160.
Non-refundable assessment fee: £200.